PWS Company History

September 2018

In September 2018, the most recent repeat certification according to DIN EN ISO 9001: 2015 took place.

September 2003

In September 2003 the successful certification according to DIN EN ISO 9001: 2000 took place.

September 2002

PWS helps KiTa in Grimma after the flood disaster.

Mai 2002

In May 2002 Gebr. SAACKE GmbH & Co acquires the majority stake in PWS Präzisionswerkzeuge GmbH. Founded in 1892 by the two brothers Carl Julius and Paul Saacke, this traditional company today produces precision tools and tool grinding machines. Notwithstanding the fact that PWS and SAACKE will continue to be legally independent companies, the merger for both companies represents the ideal complement to their respective product range and the opportunity to make optimum use of common distribution channels. As part of the team, SAACKE and PWS are driving the strengthening of their market position at national and international level.

12th-19th September 2001

At the EMO in Hannover, PWS presented the prototype of a back ground band saw cutter.

2001

The company currently employs 74 people, including 7 commercial apprentices.

End of 2000

For the third time in succession PWS achieves growing sales figures of more than 7.5 million DM per year.

September 2000

The PWS is the first tool manufacturer to receive both DIN EN ISO 9001: 1994 certification from TÜV Rheinland and the EU Eco Audit from the IHK Ostthüringen, valid until 09/2003.

June and September 2000

The PWS presented the first Blue Chip® tools at the METAV in Düsseldorf and at the AMB in Stuttgart.

1999

The PWS generates for the first time an annual turnover over 7.4 million DM.

October 1998

The CGG has acquired the share capital of 50 thousand DM from the economic trust. This made CGG 100% shareholder of the company.

1st of August 1998

To secure the labor force of the future, apprenticeship training was started in 1998.

End of 1997

The Blue Chip® brand is protected by law, thus protecting important research results.

October 28, 1997

Dr. Rainer Albert was appointed as new Managing Director.

April 22, 1997

The shareholder decided to increase the capital contribution by another 200 TDM, which was taken over by CGG Beteiligungen in Hamm. The increase in the capital contribution is recorded in the commercial register.

March 21, 1997

PWS resumed operations. 54 employees were taken over by the PWA to continue the business. By the end of 1997, 12 more employees were hired.

April 1994

The company PWA Präzisionswerkzeuge Altenburg GmbH acquired from the company SKM the shares in the PWS. The operational business, which started in 1993, was continued shortly afterwards by the PWA. The PWS continued to exist as a GmbH coat.

February 02, 1994

Registration of the company in the Commercial Register under HRB 4057.

August 13, 1993

PWS was founded by the company SKM Sächsische Kunststoff- und Metallwerke Holding GmbH with headquarters in Beierfeld. The share capital was DM 50,000.00.

The 80s

PWS is developing into the largest tool manufacturer within the GDR with sales markets in East and West.

1972

The PWS is part of the VEB Werkzeugkombinat Schmalkalden as VEB Präzisionswerkzeugfabrik Schmölln. In addition to gear cutting and milling tools, segment saw blades are also manufactured.

1960

This year, specializing in milling and gear cutting tools was part of the Association of National Owned Enterprises (VVB). The PWS becomes nationally owned and exported as a VEB precision tool factory Schmölln many tools on the WMW export mainly to other European countries.

Early fifties

The PWS trades as a precision tool factory Schmölln and belongs to the Soviet controlled state. AG "Awtowelo".

1943

With the start of the production of gear cutting and milling tools by Rohde & Dörrenberg in Düsseldorf, the tradition of PWS began in Schmölln.